Thursday, March 17, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday :)

Hello blogger world. :) Guess what?! I, Eviane Noel Hayhurst, am marrying Adam Robert Figgat in T-minus 22 1/2 hours. Eeeek!! I am so unbelievably excited. So to celebrate... today there will be no awkward just AWESOME!

Here we go...

1. Getting your nails done (especially bright pink)!
2. Knowing that in less than 8 hours you will be reunited with your bestie.
3. the knowledge of knowing that you will be on a cruise in three days with your new husband. :) Goodbye weight watchers, slim fast, lean cuisine, and calorie counting. Hello 2 AM pizza, soft serve, and diet coke :) OH and not to mention tanning all day everyday!
4. Writing vows (for the ring ceremony) and genuinely meaning it. (Do you guys want to read mine? I'll copy it into the post at the end.)
5. Sisters. End of story. Jenelle (littlest sis) has been my shadow and partner in crime the last two days she is definitely redefining bridesMAID. I also love how I can call Cerissa (middle sis), and she can make me smile and miss her so much within the first thirty seconds of the conversation. I love them so so so much.
6. Getting a little Daddy-Daughter time. :) Enough said.
7. Getting your bridal portraits back and being insanely pleased with them! (No I will not post them, it has to be a surprise how awesome Adam and I look tomorrow!)
8. Knowing that tomorrow is the beginning of forever with my best friend, confidant, and partner in crime. Cannot believe that after all my whining that we would never get married, the day has finally come. :) After counting down from 167 days to 1, the time has flown by.
9. Going through the LDS Temple for the first time. San Diego is seriously one the prettiest temple and it was cool to be surrounded by my family. :)
10. Love. Love is the definition of awesome.

Well, I love you all, especially if you are reading this. ;) I'll blog when I get back from my honeymoon to Mexico!!!


Here are the vows I promised...

A year and a half ago I thought I was doing fairly well in life. I arrived at BYU-Idaho with the expectations that I would date quite a few boys before falling in love. Never did I imagine myself marrying the first boy that asked me out on a date at school. I knew that when you did not kiss me on the first, second, or even third date- you were a keeper. You are unlike any other boy I have dated. You respect me, you make me laugh, and you help me to be better. I knew that I was in trouble when you were the first to volunteer to take care of me when I was genuinely sick and have volunteered ever since, but I knew I was really in trouble when I couldn’t see the rest of my life without you. You are truly a very patient man, and for that I am grateful. You are a good listener, consoler, and best friend. After tell you time and time again, “I can’t wait for forever”, forever is here before us and I vow to be yours for forever.
Gordon B. Hinckley once said, "If every husband and every wife would constantly do whatever might be possible to ensure the comfort and happiness of his or her companion, there would be very little, if any, divorce. Argument would never be heard. Accusations would never be leveled. Angry explosions would not occur. Rather, love and concern would replace abuse and meanness." With that being said I promise you that I will love you through every difficult trial. I will always do my best to make you happy and feel my love. Along with this, I promise to do as follows:
1. I will listen. I will listen when you come home from work and things went less than ideal. I will listen to your crazy and endless dreams. I will listen to the good and bad experiences you take part in throughout our life.
2. I will be kind. I will cease to be judgmental. I will be patient. I will bite my tongue when my blatantly honest demeanor shines through.
3. I will set aside my seriousness and laugh with you at least once a day, no matter what.
4. I will always seek to be my best spiritually, physically, and emotionally.
5. I will stand by you. I will be your companion as you seek after your various degrees, first job, and promotions. I will stand by you when you are sick in bed. I will stand by you when we have our first child. Above all, I will stand by you for the rest of forever.
I love you Adam so much. I am so excited to be your wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment