Monday, March 7, 2011

Eleven

The title of this post is "Eleven".
Why? This is because eleven is a significant number today.
Eleven by Sandra Cisneros is one of my favorite short stories ever.
You can read it here
It embodies exactly how I feel.
I am twenty years two months and fifteen days young.
The whole idea of the short story is that even though you are so many years old there is still the child that is living inside of you.
For example, I am 20, 19, 18, 17... 4, 3, 2, and 1 years old and ALWAYS WILL BE.
There are somedays that I act my age. Today is NOT one of them.
Today I have decided I am eleven.
There are eleven days till I marry Adam.
The nerves have officially kicked in. I am scared- crapless.
I know what I am doing is right but I am handling it like an eleven year old.
I have successfully watched part of Anastasia today, ate yogurt and strawberries, then topped it off with my soon to be mother-in-law's delicious brownies. I have accomplished NADA.
I currently am sitting in bed, typing this blog, venting it out in attempts to reconnect with my inner twenty year old.
Eleven or twenty- either way I am going to marry Adam Figgat for all eternity in eleven days. I am excited. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment