Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sunrise, Sunset

Recently, the realization of the fact that I am growing up has kind of kicked me and reminded me that I'm not growing younger. I've expressed this sentiment before. I know I'm growing up, and others that surround me are growing older.

Up until today I felt like Tevye in Fiddler on the Roof watching his daughters  grow up. In a way, I felt split. Half of me is watching, and the other half is growing. Each time I pay a bill or make one more step for graduation, I realize that I cannot slow down. And so what if the lyrics from "Sunrise, Sunset," the classic Fiddler on the Roof song, come into my own head.

Like I said, there is a bit self-pity about getting older. I recognize that getting older gives me the opportunity to show the world what I am capable of doing. It gives me the opportunity to eventually become a mom. It gives me the opportunity to learn to deal with sorrow, loss, pure happiness, etc. It also gives me the opportunity to grow old with my husband.

Today, I came across this on Pinterest:

[Image]

Yes, I am growing older, but with each day I'm experiencing a life that not all get to experience. I have my own fairytale romance with my sweet husband. I will have a bachelor's degree by the end of this year. I have been educated, and I will have the opportunity to become continually educated. Finally, I have been loved truly by now a dozen people that I can think of. I have caring friends. I have an incredible family. I have an unbelievable husband. Growing older and acquiring these friendships and family members, it has been a privilege, and I look forward to each day of it.

Love,
Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment