Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Few Months to a Better Me?

A while back, I wrote blog posts weekly about seven weeks to a better me. I had a different goal for every week, and I completed each goal during my seven-week break. This Summer, I again ask myself, how can I be better?

In the last few months, I really considered all the goals that I have for myself. I did set goals for my 21st year, and that is going great; yet, shouldn't we be trying to better every day? Should I not strive to be a little better by the time my head hits the pillow each night? I think I should.

So here is what I'm doing. I'm not going to set strict goals this time around. Well, in the sense that I do not plan on doing a different goal each week. Instead, I'm going to wake up and my best. My best to be the best me, and work on the goals that I already have.

One thing that I am doing, though, as a goal, is Weight Watchers. I did Weight Watchers before our wedding and lost quite a bit of weight ( 10 lbs to be exact), which is a lot for me considering even at my weight right now, I'm still healthy. However, I know that I can be better. I can eat better, and I can exercise more regularly.

I don't have an eating disorder. I know I'm thin, but I need to be healthier, and Weight Watchers is a good way to monitor that. I'm not planning on being the next "Subway Jared" or beating Jennifer Hudson out of her Weight Watchers commercials. I just want to end this summer and feel good about the way that I'm treating my body, husband, family, academics, friends, and well, me.

So here I go. Day one and I ate so healthy I have eleven points left to eat. Veggies and fruits are zero points, and I ate a lot of those today. So I'm thinking frozen yogurt or maybe a HUGE piece of chocolate cake. :)

Love,
Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment