Monday, April 23, 2012

To My Dear and Loving Husband on the First Day of Your Internship

[Image]


To My Dear and Loving Husband on the First Day of Your Internship [totally channelling Bradstreet right now],
Thou art on public transit at this moment in time in the large metropolis called Los Angeles.
Despite it's name, The City of Angels, we both know there is nothing angelic about it.
The streets are dirty. It is loud. Everything is overpriced; yet, there you are walking down the street it your striking full suit with your new briefcase.
I picture men dressed as if they were in Mad Men.
But I guess in a sense you're a Mad Man, too.
You're working from the bottom up as a marketer.
But you have always been a marketer to me. You marketed your good looks, charm, and incredible charisma from the get go, and I bought the product.
I bought the product and will never think to return it.
You see, it is because you make me one proud wife, especially today.
Love,
Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment