Monday, October 10, 2011

REJECTED.

Hi bloggy friends.
I'd like to briefly interrupt your busy days for an important news broadcast:
I, Evi, was rejected today for the first time in a long, long, LONG time.
In high school I handled rejection as such:
a. Cut/Dye my hair.
b. Fall apart and cry, face down on the floor.
c. Go kiss a boy. (embarrassing, but true.)
d. Be reckless.
e. Gossip how I'm too good for him or it.
f. Eat my feelings.

Well this time, my friend, I'm please to announce that I did none of that.
My first form of rejection in two years came in the form of an email.
The email said that my writing had not been selected for the Pre-Professional Conference here at BYUI.
Usually, I don't have to face rejection (not to brag).
I get the grades that I desire.
I got the job that I wanted.
I married the man I wanted as my husband.
But, this time, I didn't get what I aimed for.
Being a perfections and a self-classified go-getter, I will admit this was a bit of a blow to the good ole ego. I'm a straight-A student, how could I not be selected? Alas, I was not. I submitted a mediocre critical essay that I wrote last year (on a whim) and a poem that took me two minutes to write, but I felt that it was cute and creative.
This time, I read the email. Reread the email, while cocking my head sideways. Only after rereading a third time, I called my mom. I told her I was rejected and decided to blog this important lesson.

Rejection keep us humble
and that my friends is my lesson of the day.

Time to try, try again.
Love, Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment