Thursday, December 15, 2011

Quiz: A Lil Bit of Christmas Spirit.


1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Holy heck. What a dilemma! I'm going with egg nog, even though I'm lactose intolerant. That stuff is better than anything I can think of right now. Too bad it wrecks me!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa puts them under the tree. Too many elves were getting paper cuts from the wrapping paper.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colors!! Especially the retro glass ones on the house. I also love color themed trees :)
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I bought some this year. I wonder where it went. haha. 
5. When do you put your decorations up? Right after Thanksgiving. You need at least a month of Christmas decor enjoyment.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I REALLY love baked brie, as I discovered last year. But, our family does Christmas tamales and I totally am in love with those, too.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Every year we do a giant Christmas Eve party. All of my favorite childhood memories are centered around the laughter floating through our house. Moments that include karaoke, joke-telling, dancing, playing the piano, etc. I am so excited.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Santa is totally real. Don't even pretend like he's not or I'll make sure I tell him to give you coal.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Nope. But, sometimes the three of us girls get matching Christmas pajamas :)
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We love colors, the more the better. Adam likes putting random things on the tree for me to find. Like a rubber band, or a random candy cane, or sword toothpicks. I love that guy.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? It is a love/hate relationship with snow. I hate that the first snow of the year, I inevitably fall while on campus. This year it happened while walking down stairs. It hurt. However, I love it because that means it is ski season!!!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I can. I LOVE IT.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? The first gift I remember was probably when I was five because I was kindergarten age. My grandparents bought me a pink bike. I still remember walking down the stairs and seeing it. It is probably my favorite. 
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Honestly, it is spending time with family. Now that I have grown up and moved away, nothing means more to me than seeing my family.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Egg nog and pumpkin pie. 
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We have SO many. But my favorite is the Christmas poppers. It is British. You pull the tabs and out pops a paper crown, and a joke, and a treat--then we wear the crown the whole Christmas Eve dinner and tell each other our jokes. 
17. What tops your tree? A green star-shaped ornament.
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving. I love seeing faces light up!!
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yuck. They get gross so quickly.
20. Favorite Christmas show? I love the original Grinch cartoon, Elf, and White Christmas.
21. Saddest Christmas song? I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day. Darn you Longfellow!!
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Silent Night. I can sing it in English and German. Plus, I know an awesome descant. Yes, I'm a choir nerd.

Love, 
Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment