Saturday, December 10, 2011

Twenty-Five Weeks of Books and then some!

Okay so this semester I read a grand total... ready for it?... Thirty-two books!
So since I had to write 25 reviews for a class for 25 of the books, I figured why not publish AT LEAST the reviews/summaries of those twenty-five. Twenty-five out of the thirty books are considered young adult literature. Three are psychology-related. The other four are postmodern lit. I thought it'd fun to post it for all of my readers and partially for myself. I will be posting a new book every monday for the next five or six months. I know I've been awful about posting this semester, but trust me if you knew my grades you'd understand why. So here is the list of what I will be posting:

Young Adult List
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Maus by Art Spieglman
3. Graphic novel: Beowulf by Gareth Hinds
4. Audio Book: Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillo
5. Life of Pi by Yann Martel
6. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan
7. Monster by Walter Dean Meyers
8. Peter Pan by James M. Barrie
9. Alcatraz and the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson
10. The 9/11 Report adapted by Ernie Colon and Sid Jacobson
11. When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
12. Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
13. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
14. A Long Way From Chicago by Richard Peck
15. Contemporary Realistic Fiction: Holes by Louis Sachar
16. The Giver by Lois Lowry
17. The Arrival by Shaun Tan
18. Second Star to the Right by Deborah Hautzig
19. Beauty by Robin McKinley
20. Charles and Emma by Deborah Heligman
21. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
22. Elijah of Buxton by Christopher Paul
23. Beloved by Toni Morrison
24. Kissed By An Angel by Elizabeth Chandler
25. Incidents in the Life of Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs

Psychology List
1. The Hurried Child by David Elkind
2. Why Gender Matters by Leonard Sax
3. Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell

Postmodern Lit List
1. The New York Trilogy by Paul Auster
2. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
3. The Road by Cormac McCarthy
4. Interpreter of the Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri

So excited for this lil project of mine you guys! Hope you are too!!
Love,
Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment