Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!


Dear blogger world,
You should know a little secret.
My mom is the most incredible woman.
She has raised me through all of the best and worst times.
When I was adopted, she quit her career to take care of me. Because of all of her sacrifices...

She was there when I went to the nurse the third day in a row and she had to come pick me up from school.
She was there when boys broke my heart.
She was there at every dance, choir, and piano recital.
She was there when I thought I was ghetto.
She was there when I thought I was worth nothing.
She was there when I moved into my first dorm.
She was there when I said, "Yes" to forever with Adam.
She was there when we packed the car to leave California for a very long time.
Best of all, she was and has been there when I needed her most.

Rena Hayhurst has been the most incredible mom. She is more than I could ever ask for.
I am and will be her daughter forever.
I love you mom. Thank you for raising me to be the best wife, daughter, and friend that I can be.
Thank you for all of the sack lunches that you often found smashed in the bottom of my backpack, the messy rooms you picked up, the tears you wiped, the hugs, the laughter, and above all... the love.
Happy Mothers Day mommy.
You are my hero.

Love, Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment