Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Worms

Yes, you read that right. The title of this post is "Worms."
Why you may ask?
Well, let me tell you.
For the last two days it has been raining like CRAZY here in Rexburg.
It is relentless.
So as I am trudging up the hill to the Benson building for my Robert and Elizabeth Browning class I notice brown thin lines sparaticly placed along the sidewalk.
As I looked closer I noticed these weren't pieces of wood or wood chips.
No.
These brown specimens were worms. Everywhere.
I have always wondered why worms commit suicide every time it rains.
The thing is I have learned from my studies in science (yes, I have taken science classes and passed them with flying colors- Amazing, I know.) is that usually creatures survive through conditioning. Each generation is conditioned closer to perfection for survival.
Worms, clearly, were not.
Each time it rains, they wriggle their way out of the soil just so I can play don't-step-on-the-worm hop-scotch.
It is a great game.
Nevertheless, inevitably one always finds its way underneath my shoes.
Whose fault is it?
I don't know. Go take it up with the big man himself.
For now, I will call it another animal default- similar to that of the stupid turkey myth (yes, it is a myth that turkeys are so stupid that they turn their heads up when it rains and they drown.)
All in all, worms... WISE UP and stay away from my pink rain boots, because those boots are made for walkin' and that's just what they'll do and one of these days these boots are going to walk all over you. (Sorry couldn't help it!)
Happy Tuesday everyone! May you all stay dry.

Love, Evi

No comments:

Post a Comment