Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember

Remember-- it's a powerful verb. To remember is to recall, a power that is given to us as human beings by our brains. Memory is powerful. From various classes I have learned that there are different kinds of memories... Memories that are short term and memories that are long term. September 11, 2001 is a long term memory for me. While usually certain days fade, September 11, 2011 will forever be vivid in my memory. While I was only a small fifth grader at Foxborough Elementary in this day in history a decade ago, that day will forever live in my memory. I will never forget.
So as this day almost comes to a close, may we never forget the pride that we feel in our country today. May we remember the heroes that ran into those buildings with the sole purpose of preserving the lives of others. May we remember those who never did make it out alive. May we remember those who wept for the loss of their loved ones. Finally, may we remember those who continually fight to keep this country the land of the free and the brave.

Remember to remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment