Thursday, August 4, 2011

Awkward and Awesome Thursday :)

The view from my parent's backyard.
My favorite beach :)
Carlsbad beaches aka Adam's home.

Why am I making you all jealous, you ask?


TOMORROW I am returning to my home.
The place that I grew up.
The place where I get to hug my mom, dad, sisters, and snuggle with puppies all day long.
The place where I actually get a real tan and get to enjoy the glistening ocean.
The place where I will see an Angels game, the US Open of Surfing, and one of my best friends (Kimyaaaaa) within a 24 hours period.
I will enjoy the company of my family AND Adam's family.
We will be spoiled with yummy food (not icky college food).
Am I going to love every second and wish that magically the tectonic plates could shift and allow Idaho to be next to my beloved Southern California?

ABSOLUTELY.

Finally August 5 is here and I'm going to party like there is NO tomorrow.

In other news, would you guys like an awkward and awesome list?

Awkward

-The stank that tie guys brought into my home yesterday.
- Me saying goodbye to someone on the phone at work as if I was talking to my best friend: "Okay talk to you soon! Bye!" More like I hope I never have to talk to you again and you can figure out your own prerequisites for Hist 487!
-Hating on the weirdos that live in Idaho to my co-work the asking at the end of the conversation nonchalantly, "Where are you from?" Just to learn that he is from a worded city known as Boise. Crap.
-Calling the wrong number, quickly hanging up, the having them call you multiple times over the next couple hours.
-Getting hit on by less than classy characters, dare I say it on this family-friendly blog? They were TOTAL douches. Okay, no more mean/inappropriate words. Had I been in high school I would have loved it. Instead, I replied "No thanks. I can't" to their invitation of "HEY! HEY! Ya pretty thing! Want to go cliff jumping with us?" Keep in mind they had arm muscles wider than their heads and donned swim trunk six inches two short with tank tops. Yuck. Not classy boys. Not classy.
-Being 2 one hundredths of a point away from qualifying for a full tuition scholarship for the next year. Maybe that is just sad...

Awesome
-Adam had his first day of work this week!!! He work at a call center, so be nice if someone calls to do a survey for you.
-Making new friends.
-Having major success making those brownies and subsequently being able to talk to lots of people as we passed them around the complex.
-Going home. Holla!!
-Getting two new followers this week :) and getting the highest viewings in a single day that this little blog has ever gotten.
-Making bombdiggity homemade shakes. I've had one everyday this week. :)
-Finally, pay day. If only I was irresponsible and would buy those hunter rain boots for myself!!!

Have a great day people and a good weekend. I doubt I'll be posting tomorrow because I'll be leaving on a jet plane to the greatest place to call home in the entire world!!

Love, Evi

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your list of awkward vs awesome...good stuff! have a great trip HOME! i am in northern Ca...love it here. spent a semester in Idaho, did not love it there.

    thanks for visiting my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i went to reply to your comment on my blog, i always like to reply via email and your email address is not enabled.

    did you know that?

    this means that you spend so much time leaving lovely comments on people's blogs and they have no way of responding to a question or thanking you for stopping by or just continuing the conversation...because instead of your email address all they see is "no-reply comment".

    sad right?

    you can fix that if you like.

    just go to your dashboard, click edit profile and click show email address and then click save profile.

    easy!!!

    and i PROMISE if you change this blogging will get even better and become even more fun!

    ReplyDelete