Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Recipe Tuesday: The Most Sinful Brownies Ever

The best part about these "sinful" brownies is that you don't have to commit any actual sins to enjoy these babies. The biggest sin though is the amount of chocolate and butter in it. I promise it is worth every bite and in my case every lick of the ultra gooey chocolate batter. My friends this is the greatest sin I've ever created, I really hope you enjoy it. I altered and combined these two recipes that can be found here and here.

BROWNIES

Ingredients
1 Box of Milk Chocolate Cake Mix (it is what I had on hand, I'll bet it'd be better with Dark Chocolate or Devil's Food Cake)
1/2 Cup Butter Melted
1/4 Cup Water
2 Large eggs (mine were more medium, next time I'm going to use 3)
1 1/2 tsp Vanilla
3 ounces of Baker's Chocolate Melted (I did this in the microwave and it worked just fine. Do NOT put it in for longer than a minute at a time though. First try I burnt the chocolate. Oops!)
OPTIONAL: Put Choco chips in with the batter. Honestly, they turn out super sweet as is, so personally I wouldn't.
Just so you know the batter will be SUPER thick. It's supposed to be, we want these to be dense.

Instructions
Mix all of the ingredients together. Pour into a greased pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It took 27 minutes up here in Idaho.

While you are baking the brownies, make the "frosting."

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough "Frosting"

Ingredients
Chocolate Chips (Amount based on your preference)
3/4 cup butter melted
3/4 cup light brown sugar (pack it in)
3/4 cup white sugar
3 Tablespoons milk
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour

Mix brown sugar, white sugar, and butter together. Then add the milk, vanilla, then flour-- in that order. Once you do that, then add in the chocolate chips. Make sure you lick the beaters. You'll thank me.
Once that is made, place it aside and wait for the brownies to bake and cool. I put the brownies first on the stove to cool and once it was cooled a bit I put them in the fridge to finish cooling. Once cooled, slather on the cookie dough (if you haven't eaten it all!). Smooth it over with a spatula and tah dah!! It's done. If you want to make a drizzle just melt 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips and a teaspoon of shortening in the microwave and drizzle it over (This part I didn't do this go around; but, I have done it in the past and can recommend it.)

Happy eating. :)

1 comment: